Archive for March, 2009

“Mill Brook, arising in Lincoln, flows through the centre of this town, and empties into the Concord River north of the vil­lage. The waters of this brook were used, about 190 years since, to turn the first gristmill ever built in the town; but since 1826 they have been very properly suffered to flow through their ac­customed channel undisturbed.”

Source: Shattuck, Lemuel “A History of the Town of Concord”, 1835, p. 202

Read Full Post »